Alias Use Policy
The OPC website is maintained by the Committee on Christian Education through its Subcommittee on Internet Ministries, which has adopted guidelines for the use of the OPC alias system. The use of the alias list for the dissemination of information of interest and benefit to the entire Church shall be closely monitored for compliance to the following guidelines.
- Notices authorized by any of the denominational standing committees shall be sent through the alias distribution list by submitting them to the website manager.
- Death notices and other matters of denominational concern (such as requests for prayer or emergency help) may be sent, upon request, through the office of the stated clerk of the General Assembly.
- Local church or private prayer requests, announcements, opinions and promotions cannot be sent, as such requests go beyond the purpose, scope and capabilities of this website, unless they are sent through one of the agents listed in (1) or (2) above.
- The alias list shall be distributed only to individuals on the list.
- Messages sent through the alias list shall not disclose the names or addresses of recipients (Blind Carbon Copy"Bcc:"must be used).
- Only the following individuals shall be authorized to send messages through the alias list: the stated clerk of the General Assembly, the website design and technical associate, and the website manager.
- Situations where the application of these guidelines is not obvious shall be referred to the Subcommittee on Internet Ministries.
The reason for the above guidelines is that no one likes to receive unwanted email, and the Subcommittee on Internet Ministries holds as a sacred trust its responsibility to be a faithful steward over the OPC website technology. Questions regarding this policy may be sent to email@example.com.
Copyright © 2014, The Orthodox Presbyterian Church. All Rights Reserved.