Summer Institute: Register Now!
This June 18–20, eight to ten ministerial candidates will gather in a quiet and charming New Hampshire lodge in the heart of the White Mountains, conducive to thoughtful discussion. The men will have previously read several books in preparation. Lectures and informal conversation will give time for presentation and reflection on the material presented.
The gathering is the Summer Institute, a ministry of the Committee on Christian Education through its Subcommittee on Ministerial Training. Similar to the successful Timothy Conference, though with an older age group in view, the Summer Institute offers a taste of ministry in the OPC through an intensive time of reflection and conversation. Topics to be considered:
- The OPC: distinguishing characteristics and continuity with the Reformed tradition
- The centrality, nature and benefits of being a confessional church
- The importance of the means of grace in the church's mission
- The meaning of a culturally-aware pilgrim church
- The work of a minister of the Word in an organized church and a mission work
For more information, and to download the application, please visit the Summer Institute page.
Archived Feature Articles