Needed: Site Coordinator for Hurricane Relief in Houston
OPC Disaster Response is in need of a short-term Hurricane Relief Site Coordinator to serve in Houston, Texas. The qualified man will have experience in the skilled trades, and be able to provide leadership to volunteer teams working on a variety of projects.
The Site Coordinator's Responsibilities:
- Serve as a liaison between the Regional Disaster Response Coordinator, the Volunteer Coordinator, the volunteers, and the homeowners.
- Understand and communicate the goals of the OPC Disaster Response Ministry.
- Oversee all aspects of indoor and outdoor projects being undertaken on a daily basis.
- Keep homeowners informed of the progress of the work on their homes.
- Welcome, orient, and oversee the work of volunteers.
- Determine the number of volunteers needed, the skills needed, and the dates they are needed for each particular project, and communicate this to the Volunteer Coordinator for recruitment.
- Report to the Regional Disaster Response Coordinator, giving regular updates on the status of each project, requesting materials or funds or anything else needed for each project, etc.
- The Site Coordinator will be reimbursed for his travel to and from the field, and for his living expenses while serving.
- The Site Coordinator is encouraged to bring his wife, whose travel and living expenses will also be reimbursed.
- An additional allowance or stipend may be available.
- The Site Coordinator may be provided a truck for use in his labors.
Please click here for a sample LIST OF WORK that has been done in homes and church buildings in Houston, as well as some VIDEOS of recent volunteer teams at work.
Please contact David Nakhla directly with all questions and for further details:
OPC Disaster Response Coordinator
Administrator, Committee on Diaconal Ministries
Primary Phone: Cell (562) 760-7606
Secondary Phone: Office (215) 935-1006
Facebook: OPC Disaster Response
Copyright © 2018, The Orthodox Presbyterian Church. All Rights Reserved.