On this day in 1968, several Orthodox Presbyterian undergraduates were nearing the end of their fall semester of studies at Trinity Christian College in Palos Heights, Illinois. A photograph in the Presbyterian Guardian captured Candy Peterson from Sonora, California, Estelle Uomoto from Seattle, Jane Berenschot from Cedar Grove, Wisconsin, Kathy Albright from Hacienda Heights, California, Linda Porter from Glenside, Pennsylvania, Nancy Elliott from Garden Grove, California, David Julien from Sonora, and David Bird from Oostburg, Wisconsin. Other OPCers not in the picture included Calvin Uomoto (behind the camera) and Debbie Kellogg of Point Loma, California.
Trinity Christian College opened its doors as a two-year college in 1959. At the time of this picture the school was expanding into a four-year liberal arts school, and it awarded its first baccalaureate degrees in 1971. Orthodox Presbyterian ministers who attended Trinity include Dennis Disselkoen, Benjamin Snodgrass, and Dale Van Dyke.
In 1974, the 41st General Assembly met at Trinity Christian College. More recently the 73rd (2006) and 77th (2010) Assemblies met in the spacious Ozinga Chapel on the Palos Height campus.
© 2022 The Orthodox Presbyterian Church